Chemical reactions can cause the metal to react with oxygen in the air and hydrogen sulfide, which result in the jewelry tarnishing. This effect is "oxidization" and can take place with genuine sterling silver. If your ring tarnishes, it usually affects the the surface and will not harm the underlying metal. We encourage you to use preventative measures to prevent tarnishing, but there are many factors that affect oxidation. Even if your ring is tarnished, you can revitalize it with silver cleaning solution.
Articles in this section
- What Size Ring Do I Wear?
- What Is The Value Of My Ring?
- Can I Choose My Ring Size?
- Can I Choose My Ring Type?
- Is It Possible To Receive The Same Ring In Two Different Products?
- Are The Rings In The Candle Photos The Ones That Come With The Candle?
- Disclaimer on Jewelry Collections
- How Do I Take Care Of My Ring?
- Earring Care
- Will My Ring Tarnish?